Rockford Speedway, Rockford, IL Adam royle’s kids told him to return to nstc this weekend

Discussion in 'Illinois Race Tracks' started by Administrator, Sep 28, 2012.

1. Administrator

Administrator Administrator Staff Member

Kevin Ramsell/NSTC Rockford PR
    LOVES PARK, IL (Thursday, September 27, 2012) ”“ It has been about five years since Adam Royle made the trip from Lonsdale, MN to the famous Rockford Speedway for the National Short Track Championships. He will make his return this weekend with the blessing of his kids.

“It has been about five years since I have been there. We have a family and the kids are busy with hockey during the fall,” Royle recently said. “We were watching video of Rockford Speedway on YouTube and my kids talked me into going there. They want to go and see me race there.”

He is hoping to not only show his kids how dad races around the tough quarter-mile oval, but to also show them what it are like to win this prestigious event. “It would be unbelievable to have my name on the list of champions and have that wreath around you,” Royle said. “My friend Jeremy Lepak has won it a couple of times and talking to him about it reminds me that this is something that I dream about doing someday.”

He is ready for the tough challenge that he will face in the 200-lap feature event on Sunday afternoon. “This track is tough mentally,” Royle said. “The car needs to work well in order for us to win. It will need to work well on the bottom to pass around cars and work great on the top groove.”

No matter what, Royle is ready to have some fun this weekend. “I am really excited to do it,” Royle exclaimed. “I can’t wait to get back there and go around Rockford. I love that place.”

Royle is having a stellar season at his NASCAR Home Track Elko Speedway. This season he has seven wins, 16 top-five and 18-top-ten finishes. He leads the Minnesota State Standings and is ninth in the national standings.

The Super Late Models will qualify and qualifying races on Saturday, September 29 with the 200-lap main event on Sunday, September 30. Qualifying will get underway at 2:15pm on Saturday with racing underway at 5:05pm. Sunday’s action will get underway at 12:30pm.

The 47th Annual National Short Track Championships will take place on September 28-30 at the historic Rockford Speedway in Loves Park, IL. 12 divisions will be competing over the three days featuring the National Short Track Super Late Models, Big 8 Series, and Mid-American Series.

For more information, please call 815-633-1500 or visit www.rockfordspeedway.com.