American Le Mans Series Duncan Ende Will Be A Big Deal In Milwaukee

Discussion in 'National Series' started by Administrator, Aug 15, 2012.

1. Administrator

Administrator Administrator Staff Member

Subtitle:
    Ende Will Try Out Television Before This Weekend's Road Race Showcase

It may be bigger than Shark Week. This week, Duncan Ende will appear on television.
    Ahead of this weekend's American Le Mans Series Road Race Showcase, a four-hour race at Road America in Elkhart Lake, Wisconsin, Ende will appear on Milwaukee's NBC Channel 4 'The Morning Blend' with hosts Tiffany Ogle and Molly Fay. Ende will not only discuss the Road Race Showcase, but will talk about his partnership with STANDD - Stop Texting And Driving Distracted - the non-profit organization that graces the panels of the no. 25 Dempsey/Silicon Tech Racing Prototype Challenge car.
    "I guess I'm trying to keep up with my boss," said Ende. "Just once I'd like to be able to say 'that's right, that handsome devil on the TV is ME!' But in all seriousness, I am really grateful for the chance to promote STANDD on The Morning Blend. We've had a lot of success this year promoting their message to not drive distracted, with a lot of help from the ALMS, Dempsey Racing, and Silicon Tech Racing."
    Ende will appear on the show Thursday morning at 9 AM ET, before heading to Road America for the first practice session of the weekend. One of the greatest circuits in North America, Road America is four miles long with every bit of it requiring maximum commitment from a driver. Among its several high-speed corners with minimal runoff is The Kink, a flat-out right-hander that is considered one of the scariest and most challenging corners in the country.

The Kink will serve up challenges for longer than normal, as this weekend's Road America Road Race Showcase will be a four-hour race instead of the normal two hour and forty-five minute race distance.
    "Road America is awesome," said Ende. "There are no better words to describe it, other than awesome. Its super-fast, has several long straightaways and a mix of technical and really fast corners. I've had some really great races there but I've also had some incidents there - Road America punishes you big time for even the smallest mistake. Luckily my mistakes there have only ended in the gravel trap and not in the wall - but I don't plan on having any mistakes this weekend! Four hours is a long race, but we have done very well in the long races this year. We had great runs at Sebring and Laguna Seca going but just had some bad luck. We're aiming to get back on the podium this weekend."
    The Road America Road Race Showcase will be streamed live on Saturday, August 18 at 3:15 PM ET on ESPN3.com, with a television broadcast on Sunday, August 19 on ESPN2. Qualifying will be streamed live on Friday, August 17 at 4:40 PM ET on ESPN3.com.

Source:
    Duncan Ende PR

Races:
    Road America Road Race Showcase

More...