Oswego Speedway, Oswego, NY Former SBS Classic Champ Cameron Rowe to Make Oswego Return in '16

Discussion in 'New York Race Tracks' started by Race Results, Oct 31, 2015.

1. Race Results

Race Results Administrator Staff Member

One year removed from a stint at DIRT car Sportsman Modified racing as well as the role of crew chief on the Mark Castiglia No. 69 Small Block Super, 2012 Bud Light SBS Classic Champion Cameron Rowe looks to return to Oswego Speedway in 2016 as a driver behind the wheel of his familiar No. 77.

Rowe recently took ownership of one of the potent Jason Simmons’ owned machines from 2014.

“I’m pretty pumped,” said Rowe, a four-time feature winner at the ‘Steel Palace.’ “We will be driving the No. 98 that Jason drove last year, his newest Hedger Chassis. It will be powered with his former FORD motor. It’ll be a difference driving a Hedger, but Jason (Simmons) gave me a great deal on the car. I may have to get some pointers from guys like Andrew Schartner and Jack Patrick,” joked Rowe.

Rowe competed in one event at Oswego in 2015, in a relief role for Castiglia. As crew chief of the No. 69, Rowe helped propel Castiglia to one main event win during the ’15 campaign.

Next up on Oswego Speedway’s calendar will be the Mitchell’s Speedway Hall of Fame Banquet set to be hosted by the Lake Ontario Event and Conference Center on Saturday, November 7.

The event center is part of the Best Western PLUS Captain’s Quarters and Quality Inn and Suites complex located on East First Street in Oswego.

The night’s festivities will begin with a cocktail hour tentatively set at 6pm, with a buffet style dinner and awards to immediately follow.

Tickets for the event are available for $45 and can be purchased at the Oswego Speedway box office by calling (315) 342-0646 or by stopping into the office between 9am-4pm Monday through Thursday.

Event tickets must be purchased by October 30, as there will not be any tickets available at the door.

Discount hotel rates are available for those attending the Speedway banquet at both the Best Western ($109) and Quality Inn ($99) hotels.

The Best Western can be reached by phone at (315) 342-4040 and the Quality Inn at (315) 343-1600.