Atlanta Dragway, Commerce, GA Inside Look: Atlanta Dragway

Discussion in 'Georgia Race Tracks' started by Race Results, Mar 3, 2019.

1. Race Results

Race Results Administrator Staff Member

[​IMG]

Inside Look:
    Atlanta Dragway

Hello racers and race fans,
    Welcome to Inside Look: Atlanta Dragway! This is our monthly newsletter in which we will highlight our upcoming events, recap of past events, results, and share any other exciting news regarding Atlanta Dragway. Enjoy!
    Arby's NHRA Southern Nationals

May 3rd- May 5th

For more tickets and more information, click here!

#SpeedForAll #SouthernNats #GoOnYello

[​IMG]

Chassis Certification

March 2nd & 3rd

Please call 706-335-2301 to make an appointment, spots are filling up fast!

We are excited to announce we have released our jam-packed schedule of events for 2019.

March 2nd- North East Georgia Swamp Meet @ 7 am

For the full schedule, click here!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Upcoming Fast Fridays:

March 8th, 15th, and 22nd

Who Can Race Fast Friday's? Fast Friday's is Atlanta Dragway's weekly test and tune program open to anyone who meets the requirements.

Want to know which Friday's we are on track, click here!

The 2019 Summit Series E.T. Bracket Racing schedule has been released.

March 16th- Summit Points Race
    March 23rd- Summit Point Race
    (Member Track Madness)

For the full schedule, click here!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Racer Spotlight, Get to know: Shannon Blanton

1. What is your greatest memory at Atlanta Dragway? Winning my class championship last season on the same day that my brother won his class championship.
    2. How did you get started in racing? My whole family races. My dad has been racing for over 30 years and my mom has been racing for 6 years. My brother starting Jr. racing before I did too.
    3. What's the best advice for someone who wants to start bracket racing? Practice, practice, practice, having good lights, learning to drive the finish line and having really good friends around you to enjoy your days at the track when the days are good and bad.
    4. 4.How do you celebrate an on track accomplishment? I enjoy celebrating with all my fellow racers and family at the track. We soak each other with water after each win and we always try to go out and eat with our friends.
      5.Besides racing, What is a special talent you have? Arts and crafts. I have a hand poured candle business called Shananigans Candles.
    [​IMG]