Atlanta Dragway, Commerce, GA Inside Look: Atlanta Dragway

Discussion in 'Georgia Race Tracks' started by Race Results, Jun 5, 2019.

1. Race Results

Race Results Administrator Staff Member

[​IMG]

Inside Look:
    Atlanta Dragway

Hello racers and race fans,
    Welcome to Inside Look: Atlanta Dragway! This is our monthly newsletter in which we will highlight our upcoming events, recap of past events, results, and share any other exciting news regarding Atlanta Dragway. Enjoy!

2020 Southern Nationals Date Released!

The 40th Annual NHRA Southern Nationals will return to Atlanta Dragway May 15th-17th. For the full schedule, click here!

We had a successful 39th Annual Southern Nationals. If you missed all the action, watch a recap here!

#SpeedForAll #SouthernNats #GoOnYello

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Upcoming Fast Fridays:

June 7th, 14th, 21st, and 28th

Who Can Race Fast Friday's? Fast Friday's is Atlanta Dragway's weekly test and tune program open to anyone who meets therequirements.

Want to know which Friday's we are on track, click here!

Next Summit Points Race: June 8th
    For the full schedule, click here!

Current Point leaders in each class:
    Sportsman: Dickey Forrester
    Super Pro: Brad Howard
    Pro: Chad Brewer
    Pro Bike: Tim Sutton
    Junior Dragster (13-17): Autstin Bowden
    Junior Dragster (10-12): Alayna Carden
    Junior Dragster (6-9): Cooper Hancock
    [​IMG]

For the full list of points, click here!

[​IMG]

We are excited to announce we have released our jam-packed schedule of events for 2019.

For the full schedule, click here!

Racer Spotlight, Get to know: Roger Rochester
    [​IMG]

1. What is your greatest memory at Atlanta Dragway? Just last month (5/18/2019), I had TWO .001 package runs on the same day in competition- .000 reacts running dead on with a 1 both times. It was a great day!
    2. How did you get started in racing?I was fortunate to race with Dennis Coover as crew for 6 years before he convinced me to get my license. So, I leaped from a 12 second street car to a 7.50 dragster in one shot receiving my Class 4A license in 2006 as well as my Class 4B license later that year, both at Atlanta Dragway.
    3. What's the best advice for someone who wants to start bracket racing?Start with a very good chassis and make it run consistent ET's without spending a fortune to "go fast". Consistency wins races.
    4. How do you celebrate an on track accomplishment?I hang the great time slips on the wall as souvenirs, then follow up with an awesome steak and a beer! I am very thankful just to have the opportunity to participate this awesome, fun family sport.
    5. Besides racing, What is a special talent you have? I am a 20 year veteran Waterski National Competitor- Jump, Trick, Slalom, retiring in 2003 as I crashed jumping and broke 4 ribs. Now, I am involved with a much safer, less dangerous sport, drag racing!
    Sponsor Spotlight: American Trucks
    [​IMG]

American Trucks is comprised of passionate enthusiasts who strive to provide you with the best Ford F-150, Dodge Ram 1500, Chevrolet Silverado 1500 and GMC Sierra 1500 aftermarket parts and accessories available at the best possible price. Having peace of mind when ordering parts online and knowing you are ordering from a trustworthy and reliable source is essential to any enthusiast. American Trucks was created for removing the stress out of the part buying process, providing you with knowledgeable and friendly experts that can give you advice on your F-150, Ram 1500, Silverado 1500 or Sierra 1500 build, all while offering you parts that don’t come with ridiculous shipping and handling fees.

Contact information:
    1-855-419-3557
    American Trucks
    1 Lee Blvd, Unit 2
    Malvern, PA 19355
    www.americantrucks.com