American Le Mans Series JDX Racing Captures Third Consecutive Podium

Discussion in 'National Series' started by Administrator, Aug 21, 2012.

1. Administrator

Administrator Administrator Staff Member

Loveland, CO ”“ JDX Racing execution was on the mark this past weekend at the Road America Road Race Showcase, in the 7th round of the American Le Mans Series presented by Tequila Patrón, where drivers Chris Cumming and Martin Ragginger brought the JDX-Hertz Porsche GTC car home to a hard fought 2nd place finish, the teams’ third straight podium finish.

Two weeks earlier, their hard work and determination rewarded the team with a flawless run to the checkered flag at the Mid-Ohio Sports Car Challenge. Following that dominating victory in Round 6 of the American Le Mans Series, the JDX team arrived in Elkhart Lake ready to continue the momentum.

JDX co-owner Harrison Brix ”“ “What can I say, the entire team was perfect today - it was a great performance and one of our best races this season.. I’m so proud of our guys, they have worked tirelessly all season.* It’s been a long road getting to this point but all that hard work and dedication has rewarded us with three straight podium finishes in the GTC Class.”

JDX Racing did not have the services of their full time driver Michael Valiante, who had commitments prior to the release of the 2012 season schedule. In an effort to continue building on the team’s competitive momentum, JDX Racing sought out the services of Martin Ragginger, aka Raggi, to join JDX regular Chris Cumming.

“I’m very proud of the entire JDX team for a job well done this weekend. The crew had to work extra hard to get us back on track after a couple of setbacks during the event and performed flawlessly on pit lane during the race”, said driver Chris Cumming.

Cumming went on to say “Raggi had a long hard fight in the closing stint and after everything that happened this weekend, 2nd place almost feels like a win”.

The second place finish didn't happen without a lot of hard work.. The #11 JDX-Hertz Porsche took on some serious damage after on-track contact in the second practice session - when a less experienced PC driver made contact with the car causing damage to the right front suspension.* The JDX crew worked feverishly in the paddock to get the car out for the last half of qualifying where the team qualified 6th.

“The car wasn’t straight - we had such a short window to get the car repaired and back out for qualifying, we didn't have time to get the car set up the way we wanted” said Brix.* “We had a fast car all weekend, and with a four-hour race like Road America, we knew we could take the time after qualifying to dial in our set-up” After qualifying the car 6th, the team had the right strategy and knew it would come down to the precise execution. Chris Cumming started the race and quickly sliced through the GTC field, making smart decisions and keeping the car out of trouble. After driving the car for nearly 2 hours, Chris brought the car into the pits leading the class.

Raggi said “My first race at Road America was really great, a second place finish I'm very happy and proud of everyone on our team. We were a bit unlucky to get hit by a prototype in free practice which really didnt help us, but what I saw after that was pure teamwork. Everyone on the JDX team knew what we could do and we tried to fix all the small issues we had for the race. We had a clean race with no mistakes, Chris drove a fantastic stint and our pit crew did an awesome job.

The American Le Mans Series presented by Tequila Patrón next heads to the streets of Baltimore, MD, for Round 8 of the Championshp.* The Baltimore Sports Car Challenge presented by SRT is scheduled for 4:30 p.m. ET on Saturday, Sept 1 on the temporary street circuit in Balitmore’s Inner Harbor.* ABC’s broadcast begins at noon ET on Sunday, Sept. 2nd.* Full live coverage starts at 4:15 p.m ET on ESPN3.com

Races:
    Road America Road Race Showcase

More...