American Le Mans Series MacNeil and Bleekemolen on GTC Pole in WeatherTech Porsche at Road America

Discussion in 'National Series' started by Administrator, Aug 18, 2012.

1. Administrator

Administrator Administrator Staff Member

ELKHART LAKE, WIS. (Aug. 17, 2012) - Alex Job Racing's (AJR) Cooper MacNeil and Jeroen Bleekemolen will start from pole position in GTC for the Road America Road Race Showcase to be run at Elkhart Lake's Road America tomorrow Aug. 18.

Bleekemolen (Monte Carlo) had the controls of the No. 22 WeatherTech Racing Porsche for qualifying. On lap two the Dutchman put in a lap of 2:12.773 setting the top mark early in the 15-minute session. The pole is the second on the season for the team, the first came at Lime Rock in July. *

"The car has been good all weekend," Bleekemolen said. "The Alex Job guys having been making the right adjustments and we have improved every session. My qualifying lap was good, but I caught some traffic, so I think I could have gone even a little quicker. The race is four hours tomorrow. I have done well in the longer races having won the last two here as well as winning the two long ones at Laguna Seca. So I want to keep the streak going. Copper is doing a good job and he likes the car as well, so we are looking to have a good day tomorrow."

MacNeil (Hinsdale, ILL) is leading the GTC Class points standings and is running at his favorite track.

"The car is great," MacNeil said. "The Alex Job guys have the car handling really well. Jeroen is a great driver and is super-fast. We miss Leh, but I think we can get the job done tomorrow. The race is a little longer than usual, but the four hours shouldn't be a problem at all. We just got the pole, so it looks like it is our race to lose."

Alex Job, team owner, has the GTC points leading team hitting on all cylinders. *

"Jeroen does a great job," Job said. "He is very precise with his feedback, which helps the team make quick work with set-up changes on the car. Cooper is feeding off of that data and has gotten progressively faster every session. We are looking good for the race tomorrow. WeatherTech has a lot of fans here and we hope to give them a win." *

Fans can follow the WeatherTech Racing Porsche in-car camera on line at ALMS.com : http://www.alms.com/camera/5.

The race broadcast can be viewed via live stream Aug.18 at 3:15 pm EST on ESPN3.com and ALMS.com. The television broadcast will be shown Aug. 19 starting at 2:00 pm EST on ESPN 2.

Alex Job Racing is one of the most successful teams in ALMS history with 42 wins. This record is supported by 48 pole positions and 102 podium finishes.** The team has won three championships (GT in 2002, 2003 and 2004) complimented by their two GT class wins at Le Mans. The team also boasts eight Sebring 12-hour victories. *

The ALMS GTC category is specific to one of the most popular factory produced racing cars in the world, the Porsche 911 GT3 Cup. Developed for Porsche's one-make series around the world, the new version of the Porsche 911 GT3 Cup is based on the road-going 911 GT3 RS. The power unit featured in the new 911 GT3 Cup is largely identical to the production engine of the 911 GT3 RS with the same output of 450 bhp and the same maximum engine speed of 8,500 rpm.

Source:
    Alex Job Racing

Races:
    Road America Road Race Showcase

More...