American Le Mans Series Marcelli Qualifies on Pole Position in Wisconsin

Discussion in 'National Series' started by Administrator, Aug 18, 2012.

1. Administrator

Administrator Administrator Staff Member

Merchant Services Racing driver Kyle Marcelli qualified on the pole position for the LMPC category of the American Le Mans Series at Road America. Marcelli smashed the previous LMPC track record by over one second clocking a time of 1:57.172, six tenths quicker than 3-time 24 Hour Le Mans Winner Tom Kimber-Smith, Indy Car Ace Bruno Junquria and Sports Car Veteren Marino Franchiti.

“My engineer gave me a great car to work with, our tires came in slightly earlier than expected but it all worked out nicely. I think we may make a few small changes before the race but all in all I was very pleased with both mine and the team’s performance today. It’s an honor to compete against some big industry names that I remember watching and cheering, I’m looking forward to tomorrow’s 4-hour race”. Said Canadian Race Driver Kyle Marcelli

The Road America Road Race Showcase is the seventh round of the 2012 American Le Mans Series presented by Tequila Patrón. The four-hour race is scheduled for 2:30 p.m. CT on Saturday, Aug. 18. ESPN2’s telecast begins at 2 p.m. ET on Sunday, Aug. 19. Full, live coverage starts at 3:15 p.m. ET on ESPN3.

Races:
    Road America Road Race Showcase

More...