American Le Mans Series MOMO NGT Motorsport VIR Preview

Discussion in 'National Series' started by Administrator, Sep 15, 2012.

1. Administrator

Administrator Administrator Staff Member

Miami, Florida-September 14, 2012 The official MOMO NGT Motorsport Porsche 997 GT3 CUP #30 returns to the 9th round of the American Le Mans Series in the GTC class at Virginia International Raceway for the four-hour event on September 15th 2012.* The VIR 240 will be the first race at Virginia International Raceway for both the MOMO NGT Motorsport and the American Le Mans Series. *

In its continued effort to bring quality products to the automotive and racing industry, endurance racing is the perfect venue for the development and testing of new MOMO products.* Most recently, MOMO has developed a line of Advanced Driver Cooling (ADC) gear as well as racing wheels, ergonomic steering wheels and containment seats.

For the VIR event, MOMO NGT Motorsport has entered drivers Henrique Cisneros and Jeroen Bleekemolen to share driving duties in the #30 GTC Porsche and the team is squarely aiming at the top step of the podium.* After having led for the better part of the 60th Anniversary of the Mobil 1 Twelve Hours of Sebring the MOMO-backed entry returns with renewed determination.

Henrique Cisneros brings his extensive experience in the IMSA GT3 Cup Challenge after earning back to back Championships in the 2010 and 2011 seasons in the Gold and Platinum classes respectively.* Jeroen Bleekemolen needs no introduction: he is a double winner in the Porsche Supercup in 2008 and 2009, he was the class winner at 2008 24 hours of Le Mans, he was the champion in the 2010 GTC ALMS class and more recently he won the 2012 edition of the 24 hours of Dubai race in the GT class. Jeroen brings his vast racing background and speed to the team. *

When asked about their respective roles, Henrique stated "I'm proud of the work being done at MOMO and their continued pursuit of excellence and innovation. I am not familiar with the VIR track, but hear it is one of the best in the country, and I am very much looking forward to rewarding the team with a top podium finish".** Jeroen, who will also discover VIR for the first time, expressed his satisfaction in racing for the first time with MOMO NGT Motorsport, "MOMO is an iconic brand, NGT Motorsport has demonstrated its professionalism in the recent years in IMSA, and Henrique is undeniably quick.* I am therefore very happy for the opportunity to race with this team at VIR."

www.momousa.com
    www.alms.com
    www.ngtmotorsport.com
    @NGTnotes
    @jbleekemolen
    @hjcisneros
    Facebook MOMO Motorsport

Source:
    NGT Motorsports

Races:
    American Le Mans Series presented by Tequila Patrón VIR 240

More...