I-96 Speedway Lake Odesssa, MI Mother Nature Forces I-96 Speedway Postpone USAC National Sprint Cars Series Race

Discussion in 'Michigan Race Tracks' started by Race Results, Sep 15, 2012.

1. Race Results

Race Results Guest

The cars and stars of the United States Auto Club (USAC) AMSOil National Sprint Cars Series were set to invade I-96 Speedway in Lake Odessa, Michigan on a special “Flashback Friday”￾ August 10th. However Mother Nature had other ideas with continuing Showers and Thunderstorms that began the day before and continued on throughout race day morning saturating the grounds and forcing I-96 Speedway and USAC Officials to Postpone the Speedway, Indiana based series first appearance at I-96 in 16 seasons.

The make-up date will now be on Sunday Afternoon, October 14th as the USAC Sprints were originally scheduled to be off that weekend, but will now make the trip to West Michigan and race on the famed ½ (0.500) mile high-banked dirt oval. Stars like Five Time & Defending Series Champion Levi Jones as well as Indy 500 starter Bryan Clauson, Current Points Leader Jon Stanbrough, Veterans Dave Darland, Tracy Hines, and many more will make the trip north in the series’ first appearance at I-96 since 1996.

Joining the USAC AMSOil National Sprint Cars Series on the famed 1/2 mile will be the Accurate Engines UMP Modifieds as well as one more support division “To Be Announced. The Schedule of Events and Starting Times for this event are also “To Be Announced.”￾ Race Fans who already purchased Advance Tickets will still be able to use those in October and now there’s plenty of time to still get tickets for this event at the link below: http://www.showclix.com/event/226174 and for more information about the USAC AMSOil National Sprint Cars Series, go to their website at: www.usacracing.com