Beech Ridge Motor Speedway Scarborough, ME NASCAR Rookie Eric Allyn Drives Make-A-Wish Campaign

Discussion in 'Maine Race Tracks' started by Race Results, Feb 4, 2015.

1. Race Results

Race Results Master

Eric Allyn, NASCAR Whelen All-American Series rookie at Beech Ridge Motor Speedway in 2014, raised more than $4,000 for Make-A-Wish Maine through his racing efforts this summer.

Allyn donated all of his season-long purse money earned at Beech Ridge to accomplish this.

“It was very challenging, very gratifying, and I learned so much this year,” said Allyn, driver of the Pro Series No. 55. “I thought allyn mugthis would be a great way to give back to our community and to give appreciation for all my sponsors who have been so generous to back me this season.”

Ellsworth Building Supply matched Allyn’s contribution of $1,875, while Integrity Window & Door and Fixtures also made donations to Allyn’s effort to bring the total contribution to Make-A-Wish Maine to $4,350.

This support comes at a pivotal time for Make-A-Wish Maine, as it just wraps one of its busiest years on record. Tom Peaco, executive director at Make-A-Wish Maine adds, “We granted our second highest number of wishes last year ”” 73 in total. All indicators point to this being another banner year for our organization. As we seek to grant the wish of every eligible child in Maine with a life-threatening illness, support like this is imperative to our organization and helps support our mission in a profound way.”

Allyn plans to continue racing at Beech Ridge Motor Speedway in 2015, again joining the ranks of the ultra-competitive Pro Series division. The Pro Series produced 11 different winners in 15 races this season.

“Hopefully, next year I can beat that $4,350 total with improved finishes,” said Allyn, whose car is also sponsored by Bruce Laukka, Inc. Construction and Fusion Audio Video.

Beech Ridge Motor Speedway’s NASCAR Whelen All-American Series returns to the track on Saturday, May 23, 2015. More information about the speedway can be found at www.beechridge.com.

Make-A-Wish serves a unique, and vital, role in helping strengthen and empower children battling life-threatening medical conditions. For more information on Make-A-Wish Maine or to make a donation, visit maine.wish.org.