Riverside Speedway, Antigonish, NS Riverside News, 18.8

Discussion in 'Nova Scotia Race Tracks' started by Race Results, Jul 21, 2018.

1. Race Results

Race Results Administrator Staff Member

[​IMG]

Tickets Now Available for the Bumper to Bumper 300

[​IMG]

Weekend Pass tickets are now available for our annual NASCAR weekend featuring the NASCAR Pinty's Series in the Bumper to Bumper 300. Fans can use the following link for the online order form:

The weekend gets underway Friday, August 17 with the Henry's AUTOPRO 100 for the Napa Sportsman Series and a 50-lap feature for the MJS Holdings/Prime Lift Ltd. East Coast Mini Stock Tour . On Saturday, August 18 it's a 50-lap feature for the Maritime League of Legendsalong with the Bumper to Bumper 300 .

Single-day ticket sales for the NASCAR weekend start August 1.

The NASCAR Pinty's Series is Canada's only national touring series and features top drivers from coast to coast. The 2018 edition of the Bumper to Bumper 300 at Riverside is the 12th-annual stop for the series at Riverside and its only event east of Quebec.

Parking spectator vehicles and RV's is free and unreserved for the NASCAR weekend.

Kenny Wallace Gets the Win in IWK 250

[​IMG]
    NASCAR's Kenny Wallace is the champion of the 2018 edition of the IWK 250. While Wallace crossed the finish line third on Sunday, official results distributed by the Parts for Trucks Pro Stock Tour Tuesday evening show the top two finishers, Cassius Clark and Dave O'Blenis, were disqualified by Tour officials following the post-race inspection due to unapproved carburetors, moving Wallace to first place.

The car of J.R. Fitzpatrick, which was fifth at the finish, was also disqualified for an unapproved carburetor making the official top five finishers Wallace, Cole Butcher, Craig Slaunwhite, Braden Langille, and Nicholas Naugle.

Wallace commented on the final results shortly after they were announced via his Twitter account.

"This is an unbelievable turn of events for me. As I sit here at Eldora Speedway I just got the word... My official comment is... “I would have rather finished 3rd and those 2 teams in front of me be legal.. I accept the BIG WIN and I am incredibly honored”.

The race started Saturday evening but was halted at lap 74 due to rain; it concluded Sundayafternoon. The stacked field included drivers from six provinces and two states.

Congrats to Off-Track Winners on the IWK 250 Weekend

Management for Riverside International Speedway wishes to congratulate the lucky fans who were big winners over the IWK 250 weekend.

In the Antigonish Junior B Bulldog 50/50 Draw, it was Albert Green taking home $5,533.00 on Friday night and Sandra Carroll winning a whopping $13,139.00 on Saturday night.

Warren Gordon was the winner of the Official Lawn Tractor of the IWK 250 raffle, with the John Deere lawn tractor prize supplied by Green Diamond Equipment Ltd.

Dawson Manual won the Butcher Racing Toy Drive prize pack.

Thanks to everyone for their support of these fundraising efforts.