Sycamore Speedway, Sycamore, IL Sycamore Speedway Race Results & Point Standings for Saturday, Sept 15....Final Night

Discussion in 'Illinois Race Tracks' started by Administrator, Sep 16, 2012.

1. Administrator

Administrator Administrator Staff Member

As the promoter of Sycamore Speedway, I could not be an happier for the season the Super Late Models & Late Models had this year. These guys and gals of racing really set the bar high for future seasons. I threw a lot of changes their way this year and they were all very receptive and put on some of the best racing that we have had in our 49 year history. The respect and sportsmanship of the drivers added to the excitement of the season as well. We finished the season door to door racing and every lap with the potential of a new leader. The Super Late Model Point Leaders were just a mere 4 points between 1st and 2nd and going into the feature they were only 1 point apart. Due to an unfortunate racing accident off the start of the Twin 35 feature, 2nd point man, Jay Brendle was towed off the track leaving Reno Markham as our 2012 Super Late Model Champion. I spoke with Reno after the races and he said this isn't how I wanted to win the season. Him and Jay have been battling for the lead all season. They both wanted the 70 lap feature to determine this years SLM champion. Tim Ludke landed our 2012 LM Champion Title and raced every lap to his fullest potential almost taking the win on the Twin 30 lap feature. 20 must be the magic number for this year because both champions run #20.

We have a special thanks to Yard Smart for their Trophy Dash Sponsorship and to Gopher Towing for his Feature Sponsorship.

Stay tuned for Saturday, September 22 for the Spectator, Powder Puff & Compact Championships.